Assessment: Usually the first time you meet someone they will ask lots of questions so they understand the big picture of what is going on for you.

Concerned about a child?

If you have noticed that a child or young person in your care is experiencing difficulties, there are several things we would suggest you do:

  • Talk to them and find out what is going on. It might be to do with home, school, friends or something completely different. Have a look at the "What you need help with" section of this website to see if any of the issues sound familiar.
  • Talk to other people who are involved with your child, this might be nursery, school, college, GP or health visitor. These are the people who can refer to us, so you will need to discuss the issues with them so they can make a referral.
  • If you need immediate help, you may need to go to A & E. Otherwise if you are in crisis check out the contacts on our crisis page.
  • YoungMinds is a national mental health charity which provides information for parents about mental health issues. It also has a dedicated parents helpline which you can call to talk through any of your worries. Tel: 0808 802 5544.

Copyright © Solent CAMHS  2017
accessibility | cookies | sitemap | site help | admin | WebTeam